Logistics Services to Tesco
We offer complete logistics services for suppliers to Tesco in the UK. Our integrated supply chain offers Manufacturers, Distributors, Importers and Exporters the ability to either ship direct or allow us to handle the process.
Our UK RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centre) allow shipping via major UK ports such as Felixstowe, London Gateway & Tilbury for direct delivery of containers to our Cambridgeshire facility.
Providing flexibility of Points of entry for shipping containers in addition to both direct trailer deliveries from the EU or within the UK provides the reassurance of warehousing, palletisation and distribution services even during peak times.
Shipping in from Australasian and African countries via southern ports and from both North and South America via Liverpool not only allows our customers the benefit of choice, but speeds up the entire Logistics process.
The receipt of trailers from both Mainland Europe, Ireland and the UK, allows our customers and suppliers to Tesco to deliver in full loads of ambient product, allowing us to provide consolidation services to each Tesco RDC.
If you want to organise your own shipping to UK Ports or our warehouse either as FTL (full trailer loads) or FCL (full container loads), then that works for us and we will co-ordinate information flow with your existing freight forwarder and work as your UK conduit liaising with all relevant parties.
Shipping Problems or production issues which affect UK arrival directly impact delivery times and dates to Tesco UK or Ireland. These delays can cause issues around both delivery date and delivery times to the Tesco RDC. We believe that early shipment is the safest bet of fulfilling your orders, so that delivery times of between 4am-6am, to each Tesco RDC can be planned with other deliveries / promotions. So whilst you may pay more for warehousing, the unit costs can be aligned with different promotional products and planned and aligned with on sale dates for Tesco.
We are proactive in our approach to achieving delivery success and continuity of relationships between all parties, the ideal scenario is for goods to arrive at our warehouse a minimum of two weeks prior to delivery, but this has not always possible due to external factors. The testimonials below outline a customer faced approach were we achieved 100% on time and on target delivery deadlines for special buys under the tightest of deadlines
We provide both internal distribution and shipping services to manufacturers, importers, distributors and suppliers to Tesco in the UK & Ireland. We work with whatever import INCO terms best suits our customers and provide all the wrap around services required.
A precis of the range of end to end shipping services are:
- Local representation to arrange empty container for loading
- Payment of any local taxes, customs clearance etc
- Shipping services to UK or Irish port
- Monitoring of shipping status through satellite tracking in real time
- Multi modal services to and from Liverpool, Felixstowe & Southampton
- Port Health and customs clearance services and information
- Payment of excise duty on your behalf
- Merchant/Line haulage to warehouse
Operational Information – Our Tesco Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our Tesco supermarket logistics services to the UK & Ireland:
- Deliver to each RDC five days per week Monday to Friday (Weekends can be arranged)
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Proof of Deliveries can have the customers logo on
We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries to Tesco in the UK & Ireland. These operations all take place from our Cambridgeshire warehousing Hub in. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from foodbanks guaranteeing no resale – this can be forwarded)
SCS Consolidation Services V Pallet Networks
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop for those involved in the manufacturer of goods and suppliers to Tesco in the UK & Ireland. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place.
We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system, we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to every Tesco RDC. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, we do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect our customers and impact upon their relationship with Tesco.
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to Tesco UK & Ireland
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charge to the customer)
- Our costs are considerable cheaper and more efficient than using a pallet network
- All customer proof of deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or Tesco
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to dayone pallet deliveries to each Tesco RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK or Ireland.
Rejection of Full Loads at Tesco RDC’s
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an Tesco RDC, we provide regional repack, re-stack & redelivery services near to every Tesco RDC in the UK. This allows Tesco to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Our regional warehouses are located strategically throughout the UK & Ireland. Our partner warehouses provide repack/restock / re-delivery services in locations near to every Tesco RDC in the UK & Ireland. For more details of our locations and the services provided, please see map below.
Regional distribution centres
Avonmouth – Lanson Roberts Rd, Severn Beach, Bristol BS35 4BR
- Belfast – Belfast, Northern Ireland
Caldicot – NP26 3TS
Didcot – Churchward, Didcot OX11 7AW
Dagenham – Consul Ave, Rainham, Dagenham RM13 8GJ
Hinkley – 10 Dodwells Rd, Hinckley LE10 3BZ
Kilsby – Celtic Way, Kilsby, Northampton NN6 7GY
Milton Keynes – 14 Burners Ln, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11 3HB
Peterborough – 1 Staplee Way, Peterborough PE1 4YT
Purfleet – Purfleet RM19 1ND
Reading – Basingstoke Rd, Reading RG2 0PN
Snodland – Hays Rd, Snodland ME6 5TQ
Southampton – Nursling Industrial Estate, Canberra Rd, Nursling, Southampton SO16 0WB
Waltham Cross – 965 Hertford Rd, Waltham Cross EN8 7RRWidnes WA8 0PB
- 10, 12 Kilbegs Rd, Antrim BT41 4NN
- Newbridge Demesne, Donabate, Co. Dublin, Ireland
- Old Ballymun Rd, Santry, Dublin, Ireland
If you would like a quote for Tesco, please click here