Logistics Services to Morrisons
We offer complete logistics services for suppliers to Morrisons in the UK. Our integrated supply chain offers Manufacturers, Distributors, Importers and Exporters the ability to either ship direct or allow us to handle the process.
Our UK RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centre) allow shipping via major UK ports such as Felixstowe, London Gateway & Tilbury for direct delivery of containers to our Cambridgeshire facility.
Providing flexibility of Points of entry for shipping containers in addition to both direct trailer deliveries from the EU or within the UK provides the reassurance of warehousing, palletisation and distribution services even during peak times.
Shipping in from Australasian and African countries via southern ports and from both North and South America via Liverpool not only allows our customers the benefit of choice, but speeds up the entire Logistics process.
The receipt of trailers from both Mainland Europe and the UK, allows our customers and suppliers to Morrisons to deliver in full loads of ambient product, allowing us to provide consolidation services to each Morrisons RDC.
We provide shipping services to manufacturers, exporters, distributors and suppliers to Morrisons in the UK. We work with whatever INCO terms best suit the supplier and provide all the wrap around services required.
A precis of the range of end to end shipping services are:
- Local representation to arrange empty container for loading
- Payment of any local taxes, customs clearance etc
- Shipping services to UK or Irish port
- Monitoring of shipping status through satellite tracking in real time
- Multi modal services from Liverpool, Felixstowe & Southampton
- Port Health and customs clearance services and information
- Payment of excise duty on your behalf
- Merchant/Line haulage to warehouse
Operational Information – Our Morrisons Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our Morrisons supermarket logistics services to the UK :
- Deliver to each RDC five days per week Monday to Friday (Weekends can be arranged)
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries to Morrisons in the UK. These operations all take place from our central warehousing Hub in Warrington near Liverpool. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from foodbanks guaranteeing no resale – this can be forwarded)
SCS Consolidation Services V Pallet Networks
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop for those involved in the manufacturer of goods and suppliers to Morrisons in the UK. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place. We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system, we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to every Morrisons RDC. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, we do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect our customers and impact upon their relationship with Morrisons.
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to Morrisons UK
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charge to the customer)
- Our costs are considerable cheaper and more efficient than using a pallet network
- All customer proof of deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or Morrisons
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to dayone pallet deliveries to each Morrisons RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK.
Rejection of Full Loads at Morrisons RDC’s
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an Morrisons RDC, we provide regional repack, restack & redelivery to Morrisons RDC’s in the UK. This allows Morrisons to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Regional Distribution centres
- Bridgewater, TA6 4FG
- Gadbrook, CW9 7WA
- Latimer Park, NN15 5YZ
- Sittingbourne, ME10 2FD
- Stockton, TS18 2SZ
- Swan Valley, NN4 9BD
- Wakefield, WF2 0XE
If you would like a quote for Morrisons, please click here