Advantages of using SCS Supermarket Ambient Logistics Services over Pallet Networks
Our aim is to provide seamless logistics services for suppliers of goods to Supermarket groups in the UK. We understand that the majority of goods supplied originate from outside the UK and that complex logistical problems need to be overcome by having a reliable and trustworthy partner. We believe that customer service and the development of relationships are key.
Our approved supplier process gives you the reassurance that your goods are in safe hands, whilst paying in Euros or in GBP £'s is not an issue as we bank in Ireland. Things like invoicing and proof of delivery is taken care of seamlessly and you receive everything together by the end of the following week. We set up email groups so that the relevant people involved in the logistics chain are receiving relevant information at the same time. Any issues are then dealt at source, easing the flow of information and making the logistics process easier for all parties.
In essence, we act as your logistics arm in the UK, De-stuffing Containers, Offloading Trailers, including the warehousing and distribution of your goods. If you want to organise your own transport to us as full loads and have them delivered in one pallet lots to each RDC (Regional Distribution Centre), then that's fine, as its exactly what we do for our other UK, EU & Global Customers.
How do we differ from using pallet networks and what are the advantages of using our services?
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop logistics solution for suppliers to the supermarket groups we serve. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place. We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to the Supermarket RDC's. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, We do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect up to 33 different customers and impact upon their relationship with the relevant supermarket group.
Disadvantages of using Pallet Network systems
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
Our Warehousing Hub Please see an operational precis of our supermarket logistics services to Morrison's UK :
- Deliver to each RDC six days per week Monday to Saturday, Sunday can be arranged
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
Rejection of Full Loads at RDC's
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an RDC, we provide regional repack, restack & re-delivery services strategically located throughout the UK. This allows the RDC to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Our regional warehouses are located strategically throughout the UK & Ireland. The warehouses provide repack/restock / re-delivery services. For warehouse locations click: (put in weblink to uk warehousing locations)
SCS - Pallet consolidation services
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charges to the customer)
- Our costs are considerably cheaper and more efficient than the alternative
- All customer Proof of Deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or Morrison's
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to day one pallet deliveries to the RDC's (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK
Direct Deliveries & Warehousing Groupage Services We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries in the UK. These operations all take place from our central warehousing Hub in Warrington near Liverpool. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from food banks guaranteeing no resale - this can be forwarded)
Container & Trailer Services
We work together with shipping lines and merchant hauliers to try and avoid quay rent. This is especially important during "specials" where high volumes combine with short lead times. We operate a drop and swap system to ensure maximum efficiencies in terms of shunting to and from the Port of Liverpool. We also work with line & merchant haul from other UK Ports. Services below:
- Customs services
- Duty Deferment
- Inland Haulage
- Full load collections from Europe