Logistics Services to B&M and TJ Morris
For those that Import, our aim is to provide seamless B&M and TJ Morris supermarket logistics services for suppliers of goods to B&M and TJ Morris in the UK & Ireland. We understand that a good percentage of goods supplied to B&M and TJ Morris originate from outside the UK and that complex logistical problems need to be overcome by having a reliable and trustworthy partner. We believe that customer service and the development of relationships are key whether you are a distributor, manufacturer or supplier to B&M and TJ Morris in the UK & Ireland. We are also happy to assist warehouses, transport/logistics companies and freight forwarders that supply B&M and TJ Morris UK or B&M and TJ Morris Ireland.
Our approved supplier process gives you the reassurance that your goods are in safe hands. Our integrated ‘End to End’ logistics platform provides collection from the point of manufacture, through to delivery to the B&M and TJ Morris RDC. In essence, we act as your B&M and TJ Morris supermarket logistics arm in the UK, de-stuffing containers, offloading trailers, plus the warehousing and distribution of your goods.
We provide shipping services to manufacturers, exporters, distributors and suppliers to B&M/TJ Morris in the UK & Ireland. We work with whatever INCO terms best suit the supplier and provide all the wrap around services required.
A precis of the range of end to end shipping services are:
- Local representation to arrange empty container for loading
- Payment of any local taxes, customs clearance etc
- Shipping services to UK or Irish port
- Monitoring of shipping status through satellite tracking in real time
- Multi modal services from Liverpool, Felixstowe & Southampton
- Port Health and customs clearance services and information
- Payment of excise duty on your behalf
- Merchant/Line haulage to warehouse
Operational Information – Our B&M/TJ Morris Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our supermarket logistics services hub to the UK & Ireland :
- Deliver to each RDC five days per week Monday to Friday (Weekends can be arranged)
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries to the group in the UK & Ireland. These operations all take place from our central warehousing Hub in Warrington near Liverpool. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from foodbanks guaranteeing no resale – this can be forwarded)
SCS Consolidation Services V Pallet Networks
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop for those involved in the manufacturer of goods and suppliers to the group in the UK & Ireland. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place. We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system, we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to every RDC. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, we do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect our customers and impact upon their relationship with the group.
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to UK & Ireland
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charge to the customer)
- Our costs are considerable cheaper and more efficient than using a pallet network
- All customer proof of deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or the group
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to dayone pallet deliveries to each RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK or Ireland.
Rejection of Full Loads at RDC’s
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an RDC, we provide regional repack, re-stack & redelivery services near to every RDC in the UK. This allows the group to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Our regional warehouses are located strategically throughout the UK & Ireland. Our partner warehouses provide repack/restock / re-delivery services in locations near to every RDC in the UK & Ireland. For more details of our locations and the services provided, please see map below.